MAIN ARTICLE: VENICE HOTELS
- Venice 5 star hotels. Discover 12 most luxurious hotels in Venice.
- Hotels near Rialto bridge
- Boutique hotels in Venice. Best small luxury hotels.
One of the most romantic hotels in Venice. Ca’ Sagredo overlooks the Grand Canal very close to Rialto Bridge and Ca’ D’Oro. There are few hotels in Venice which have the power to take you back in time. Ca’ Sagredo is one of those hotels. This amazing palazzo dates back to 15th century and is owned by Sagredo family since early 18th century. Part of this Byzanthine-Gothic palace is currently a museum including:
- Lo Scalone dei Giganti – Staircase designed by the architect Andrea Tirali and surrounded with frescoes by Pietro Longhi
- Il Portego – Broad salon with view on the Grand Canal
- La Biblioteca Sagredo – Currently National Monument
- La Sala Amigoni
- La Sala Del Doge
- La Sala Del Tiepolo – Ceiling painting by Giambattista Tiepolo
- Music Ballroom
- Il Casino Dei Sagredo
If you want to know more about this amazing building check these great blog posts:
- Eye For Design: Ca’ Sagredo…..The Interiors Of This Venetian Palace
- The Fit Traveller: ITALY: Ca’Sagredo Hotel, Venice
HOW MANY STARS
Ca’ Sagredo is a 5 star hotel.
Hotel has 42 rooms. Hotel also includes very popular restaurant L’Alcova, this restaurant has a terrace with a great view on the Grand Canal.
Rooms and suites offer a view on the Grand Canal or Campo Santa Sofia.
WHERE IS IT LOCATED
Hotel is located in the very heart of Venice in Cannaregio district, between Ca’D’Oro and Rialto Bridge.
HOW TO GET TO CA’ SAGREDO FROM THE AIRPORT
Fastest and the most expensive way is to use private water taxi. It will take you about 30 minutes and will cost you around 100 Eur. Read this post to learn more about private water taxi in Venice.
You can also use Alilaguna boats from the airport. This will take you around 1 hour. You should use Alilaguna linea arrancio ( Orange line ). This line will stop at Rialto bridge, after that you need to walk around 10 minutes to reach the hotel. Read this post to learn more about Venice Marco Polo Airport.
HOW TO GET TO CA’ SAGREDO FROM SANTA LUCIA TRAIN STATION
Use ACTV vaporetto ( water bus ) line 1. You should exit at Ca’D’Oro stop. This stop is right next to Ca’ Sagredo hotel. Read this post to learn more about Venice water bus lines.
HOW TO GET TO CA’ SAGREDO FROM PIAZZALE ROMA AND TRONCHETTO
From Piazzale Roma you take Vaporetto line 1. Exit at Ca’ D’Oro stop.
DISCOVER MORE HOTELS IN VENICE: